Identifying STEMI in the presence of LBBB – Sgarbossa’s Criteria Part 1

This series has been updated and moved.

Making Sense of Sgarbossa’s Criteria – Chest Pain and Left Bundle Branch Block – Part 1

Making Sense of Sgarbossa’s Criteria – Chest Pain and Left Bundle Branch Block – Part 2

Making Sense of Sgarbossa’s Criteria – Chest Pain and Left Bundle Branch Block – Part 3

• Bob Jester says:

Well, I finally figured out how to post a comment.Thanks for starting to explain Sgarbossa’s Criteria, the concordance /discordance thing was giving me trouble at first, a few more reads and it’ll sink in. Looking forward to more and commenting on past posts.bob

It gave me trouble in the beginning too, Bob! But it’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever learned about ECGs.

• ecgblog says:

Excellent, Tom! While struggling to understand and remember all this, you come up with a thorough and understandable explanation of the concept.. Perfect! Thanks!

My pleasure, Klaus!

• Shaggy says:

Though it seems to make sense, I still think showing a 12 lead of a LBBB with an AMI would be helpful to contrast the the normal LBBB EKG. Just my opinion, but otherwise, great job. I am referring all who will listen to your great instruction here.

Valid point, Shaggy. I have several examples from the peer reviewed literature. I’m just a little bit concerned about copyright infringement. Although it’s possible I could claim “fair use” for the educational setting, it’s a gray area, and I’m trying to stay out of trouble! That’s why I’m asking for readers of the PH12ECG blog to submit LBBB/STEMI cases that I can feature (with credit to the contributor).

• its always confusing for me to diagnose AMI in setting of LBBB. THANKS FOR MAKING IT SO SIMPLE AND EASY

• Eduardo Serna says:

You must take in count the presence of Q and S waves en V6, for anteroseptal and anterolateral myocardial infarction too.